The purpose of this policy is to develop procedures that will promote the safe transport of Chattanooga Charter School of Excellence (CCSE) scholars and staff and ensure compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements for the transportation program, as required by the State of Tennessee Public Chapter NO. 29, House Bill NO. 322.
Bus Complaint Process
The following procedure will govern how scholars, parents, teachers, staff, and community members shall submit bus safety complaints:
- All complaints shall be submitted to the transportation supervisor.
- Complaint forms may be submitted in person using one of the following methods:
- Phone: 833-43BUSES (833-432-8737)
- Mail: Attn: Andy Saunders Chattanooga Charter School of Excellence 1912 S. Willow Street Chattanooga, TN 37404
- Email: email@example.com
- Written complaints shall be submitted on forms located in the main office of one of CCSE’s school locations. In the case of a complaint received via phone, the person receiving the phone call shall be responsible for filling out the form and submitting it to the transportation supervisor.
- The transportation supervisor shall begin an investigation of all bus safety complaints within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt.
- Within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt of the initial complaint, the transportation supervisor shall submit a preliminary report to the school director. The report shall include:
- The time and date the complaint was received
- The name of the bus driver
- A copy or summary of the complaint
- Any prior complaints or disciplinary actions taken against the driver.
- Within sixty (60) days of receiving the initial complaint, the transportation supervisor shall submit a final written report to the school director that details the investigation & findings as well as the action taken in response to the complaint.
- An annual notice of this complaint process shall be provided to parents and scholars. This information shall be made available on this website.